Sunday, November 14, 2010

Literacy Moves On

This article starts out by pointing out that children are eager to talk about what they know and are interested in.And, I whole heartedly agree, actually I am not sure how you couldn't, and more importantly a child who is already interested in a topic is naturally going to work harder on perfecting when in the classroom. So, what does this suggest for use in the classroom? The rest of the world is changing their strategies with text to draw in children, why isn't the classroom?
Solid point, I liked comparing and contrasting what Janet Evans had to say with the Multimodal Texts passage by Eve Bearne because I feel that while Evans makes a great point it is important to try and establish the caveats in bringing in texts with different rules. Having said that, I think that the classroom does need to evolve after all society has!

No comments:

Post a Comment