Monday, September 13, 2010

First blog entry taken from old site

WOW, sorry to everyone that followed my other page, I didn't realize I was posting on another site I had set up. How many of these things have I made now???

A teacher realizes that her student's are taking writing assignments seriously online, but not in class. This causes her to research using technology in the education classroom as a learning tool. Through collaboration with IU she begins to implement an online class assignment.
The first run was successful, but the second trial was doomed by a mistake which takes the computer's away from the students. However, the article seems to conclude that the classroom must adapt to technology if we are to teach our students effectively.
While I agree with this conclusion, technology must be used. It gives the students a feeling of importance by publishing their work so that anyone can read. The immediate feedback and ability to retort gives the students a feeling of voice and importance. However, there are a lot of technical issues which must be considered. For me, this is the third time I have written this blog entry and if that were to happen to a student I feel that they might become frustrated and just give up. I'm not sure how an English grade should be determined by computer aptitude, and this is just one of many issues that may arise in the classroom if computers were solely used.

No comments:

Post a Comment